Several years ago I rescued a homeless dog named Botelho. I believe he had been on the streets for 3 - 4 months through the terrible rains and cold weather that we had down here in the Bay Area from October through January.
It took me a few hours to gain his trust (a little food and water and love beams sent his way), and as soon as he would let me, I scooped him up and put him into my car to go get him pampered (aka, de-flea'd), puppy shots and dewormed. Once I got in the car, he came over to me crawled in my lap... looked up at me and I snapped this picture...
Yep. I was a gonner.
One of my friends commented, "Those eyes are a beautiful reminder of what true Love is: invincibility cloaked in vulnerability." I couldn't agree more.
He is now doing well, gaining weight and has become very playful... with ME.
...yet not as much with other people.
To him, people are scary. He thinks he needs to run from them and protect himself.
Botelho has allowed his fear to become his truth... when in fact, the truth is he is surrounded by love. So much joy is available to him yet he allows his fear to inform his decisions.
Fears that just were not true.
Are you doing this too?
- Are you allowing your fears to cloud your judgment?
- Allowing fears to keep block you from having what you really want in life?
- How much love, joy, success -- is right under your nose because you allow your fears keep you from living the life you deserve?
This can be a very crippling thing to live with, but it doesn't have to rule you. In fact, with some simple tools, you can shed this fear-based thinking and see unbelievable amounts of success and joy.
Here’s a process we do with our MindFuel Training clients to help banish their fears. It’s called the “Feel to Heal Process”:
Step 1: Feel the RAW Feeling
- Notice when you are triggered
- Name the raw emotion(s), "I'm feeling fear."
- Feel the raw emotion(s) without thought, criticism, judgment or analysis
Step 2: Send Love
- Place your hand on your heart or give yourself a self-hug
- Recall a time, place or person when you felt utterly loved
- Send that love to the raw emotion(s)
Step 3: Embrace Empowering Truth
- Say truth affirmations (Hint: Your greatest fears are often your greatest desires so when you feel that fear speaking, turn it around into a truth affirmation.)
Do these three steps above each time you feel a fear creeping in, and turn it into your empowering truth. Soon enough, you’ll start seeing things magically turning around in your life as you embrace more and more of your REAL truth.